- Understand the process being used
- Have a facilitator's mindset
- Take down information in an organized fashion
- Take down information so the room can follow it
- Know how to capture, distill, and organize
- Be active, effective, and visible to the group
- Have the knowledge base and the experience base
- Be accurate, useful, visually evocative, and meaningful
- Have the ability to milk the information and pull out the essence
- Not be right all of the time, but close to right most of the time
- Have a servant's attitude to change what has been captured
- Be able to switch places with the lead facilitator
Friday, February 29, 2008
The Scribe Needs to...
Some things that the facilitating scribe needs to do...